Friday 16 October 2015

Roll over protection

I consider the matter of roll over protection on these cars quite important. Here is an illustration of when it all goes wrong.


I designed a Roll over protection bar and sent the drawing off to be made by a company called Performance Protection.
The parts arrived a couple of days ago and here are the bits welded in place.



View from the front


Chassis location
Some mods to the bodywork are required, note one of the wooden cross braces were in the way.

Here is the forward cross brace to the passenger footwell.






 Here is an Index page for the build

3 comments:

  1. Howd the occupants of that car end up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howd the occupants of that car end up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea, I borrowed the image from a web site I assume they survived!

    ReplyDelete